Saturday, December 5, 2009

Back on the (shortest) trails!


After some tough days last week, it became clear I was actually going to have to take Coach Marnie's sage advice to really COOL IT. My new pattern is 2 days of no exercise beyond light walking and stretching followed by a moderate effort on Day 3. This seemed to pay off today, as I felt really good this morning and managed a 1 mile jog on a wee trail in the Great Marsh of Ipswich. :) Of course, I would much rather have been logging 6 miles on the Charles with Coach Rick and my awesome teammates, but if I can keep this up I will be able to participate in at least partial workouts with them by New Year's. Wahoo!

One of the things I am hoping to do through this blog is share some of the gorgeous trails that I love so much at the special places cared for by the Trustees of Reservations. So here is a peek at what I dearly hope is the shortest one I'll run for you and for Team Debate! My videography skills are, ahem, nascent, so bear with me.

Thanks to everyone who has been putting up with me as I begin to heal from this fall. Clicking here and donating to my run is one way to show your support! THANKS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment